Friends of the Library is a committee of enthusiastic individuals dedicated to supporting the activities of the Ruby Sisson Library by providing funding for programs, services, and resources as well as serving as a source of volunteers for library activities.
The Friends of the Library and the Library Foundation merged in 2022 into one dynamic organization, working better together to support your Ruby Sisson Library. Friends board members Katie Dobbins, Randi Everett, and Al Northrop joined the Library Foundation board.
The Friends of the Library committee works under the Library Foundation to help fund current needs of the library while providing a variety of benefits to its members.
Thank you for being a Friend!
Being a Friend comes with many rewards and benefits! Here are 10 exciting reasons to join Friends of the Library:
- The knowledge that your support helps thousands of people access legal, entertainment, and community resources serving Pagosa.
- VIP invitations to Library Foundation & Friends events.
- Early access to Friends of the Library book sales.
- A chance to win a free book from our monthly drawings.
- Free Library card with online access to digital resources, including financial and educational periodicals, audio books, language guides, and more.
- Business resources, such as scanning, copying, faxing, notary public, and more.
- Public computer use and free wifi at the Library.
- A multitude of Library programs for all ages.
- Private meeting rooms available by reservation.
- Friendly staff to help you with your every need!
Annual membership is $15 per person or $25 per family.
Lifetime membership is $100 per person.
Return your completed form and payment to the Ruby Sisson Library, or mail it to:
Ruby Sisson Library Foundation & Friends, PO Box 2045, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
We Would Love to Hear from You!
Visit us at your Ruby Sisson Library at 811 San Juan Street in downtown Pagosa Springs.
- Call us at 970-264-2209.
- Email us at email@example.com
We Love Book Sales!
Stay tuned for our 2024 book sale announcement! Coming soon.
Thank you for your donation of books.
We have reviewed and revised the parameters for items we can and cannot accept. Thank you for helping our volunteers work most effectively and efficiently with our limited space by following these guidelines.
Friends supporting Your Ruby Sisson Library ~
- Sponsoring the annual used book sale, along with mini “popup” book sales.
- Supporting children, teen, and young adult activities.
- Supporting the summer reading program.
- Providing financial support for special library purchases.
- Promoting the Library throughout the community.
Contributions to Friends of the Library
An additional way to contribute to the Friends is through a charitable bequest as part of a will or through life insurance. You do not have to rewrite your current document but can add a written amendment call a codicil. Such a bequest only becomes irrevocable at your death. Giving to the library helps support the programs and service we provide to our patrons and helps secure the future.